Travel documents (certificates)

If you travel abroad with your pet you need to have a health certificate.

travelRemember, different countries have different rules.

  • Contact your local embassy of the country you wish to travel
  • Contact airline company
  • Check vaccination status of your pet (Some countries require Rabies vaccination)
  • Book appointment for certificate 48-72 hours before the trip
  • Be advised – some pets need sedative medication during the travel
  • Prepare comfortable carrier for your pet

For more information regarding your pets traveling requirements, please visit the official site of CFIA.